Sunday, May 3, 2015

Recycled Bookmarks | DIY


As you guys know I am a big fan of the Pai Skincare products (I'm obsessed! See here and here), not only are their products great, all natural and organic but they're packaging is super pretty too!
Since buying the first product I have been saving all the packaging for the products, just couldn't make myself throw them out. I generally don't like throwing things out.
So I decided to make bookmarks out of them, I love reading so it was the perfect fix. And of course I will share with you how to, it's super simple.


You need:
  • Scissors
  • Ribbons in your preferred colors
  • A lighter
  • Pencil
  • Ruler
  • Perforator 
  • Sharp cutting knife
  • Cardboard piece of your choice
You can also skip the knife and lighter, and still get a nice result.

If you have a bigger piece of cardboard you need to cut it smaller to handle it better, or like in my case, cut the packaging open.


After that, mark the part you want to cut out for the bookmark, I choose the part with the flowers, and since it's printed on both sides, it's gonna be pretty front and back.


Then it's time to prepare the ribbon to stop it from unraveling, first cut it diagonally and the sear the ends with the lighter if you want to, to make 100 % sure it wont unravel, you can leave it without searing, cutting it diagonally should do the trick too.
Cut a hole for the ribbon in the cardboard piece you cut out, put the middle of the ribbon through the whole and put the ends of the ribbon through the loop that is created. 
And you have a beautiful bookmark!


If you guys make some, I would love to see them! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

icon_facebook icon_google icon_instagram icon_linkedin icon_pinterest icon_rss icon_twitter YouTube