Monday, May 25, 2015

Mint Green Nails

If you guys follow me on Instagram you know that for easter I had the most appropriate bright yellow nails, but since my nails are super dry and brittle it didn't last for long when I apparently decided to smash my nails against the counter top and break not one but two of them. And of course the polish chipped right off. So I decided it was time for a new spring color.

And that makes the perfect reason to share my nail-care routine with you guys, which have gotten quite complex post accutane, since they are still super dry I incorporated a couple of extra steps.


I always start by prepping the nail bed. I file them down to the desired shape, sometimes I even cut them first if they are too long. Even though right now it's impossible for me to grow my nails long, because they are so brittle. I then start with a cuticle remover, this one is from Ciaté. I use a cuticle pusher to push them back and then wash my hands.Then I apply cuticle oil to moisturize and condition the area around the nail, I use the Ciaté's "Love Me Oil" cuticle oil. When  the oil has absorbed the first step is to use the Malava nail hardener and then I add OPI's Nail Envy, I switched to the one called "Dry & Brittle" instead of the original. Since my nails are so brittle I try to make up for that with the Mavala to harden them and I try to give them a little moisture with the OPI Nail Envy for dry and brittle nails.

And then it's time to put some color on. I choose this beautiful, pastel mint green from Essie, called "Where's My Chauffeur?", I really like this for spring (for some reason the color doesn't look the same on my nails as in the bottle).  I always put on 2 coats, that makes a much smoother manicure. Top it off with top coat and your manicure should last for days. I love Ciaté's Speed Coat beacause it dries so fast, which makes the risk of ruining your nail polish while it dries so much smaller. It has saved many of my manicures, including this one.






No comments:

Post a Comment

icon_facebook icon_google icon_instagram icon_linkedin icon_pinterest icon_rss icon_twitter YouTube