Thursday, January 23, 2014

Food!


There is no doubt that I am a food person, if you ever looked at my Instagram then you know that I have more food posts there than anything else! I love food, in any form, shape, color, taste and any way cooked (sure there is things I don't like, but I always make sure to try them again), I'm always open to try something new. My health is crucial for me, I really try to do everything to keep myself healthy. Healthy food is definitely part of my diet, salads, smoothies and juices I eat/drink everyday.

But what is healthy food really?
The thing is we are so different and we all have individual needs.
But there is some general rules we all should follow, to get the nutrition we need. To prevent a very long list of diseases, because our diet has probably the biggest effect on us. And it makes sense, since food is one of the few things we put inside our body, it's the building blocks that helps renew cells. So if you don't put the right things in your body, you end up not having the right/enough building blocks for your cells.

For any person, the diet needs to contain of carbohydrates, proteins, fibers, vitamins, minerals, fats,water for normal function. But seriously who can monitor everything they put in their mouth? And who want's to spend lots of time looking at the ingredient lists on products in the supermarkets?
I for sure don't! My basic rule is go after everything that is Green and Clean! For me that means, trying to buy products that is the least processed, everything in the fruits & greens aisle and at the butchers.  
As long as you have that, and basic ingredients as flour, butter, milk, oil, salt, pepper, spices, sugar etc.
If you have those, you have all the opportunities to make anything, tasty and delicious :)
For instance, instead of buying your tomato souse try making it yourself, then you can add flavors and make it exactly how you like it and you will have no doubt about what's in it.

Form my Instagram -How it could look minus the chicken :)

The days I'm home and I have the time, pampering myself with good healthy food is one of the best things. I'll make myself a lovely rice dish, with carrots and onion, roast some lovely chicken breast and a good healthy salad, with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, parsley, cilantro, a little bit of olive oil. 

I really do try to eat a healthy diet, but since I'm on a mission to gain a couple of KGs I rarely say no to a piece of cake, chocolate or candy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

icon_facebook icon_google icon_instagram icon_linkedin icon_pinterest icon_rss icon_twitter YouTube